A virtual assistant is a person who offers a variety of services to businesses or entrepreneurs remotely. While they're not in-office employees, they can get to the important information and data to do the work virtually.
The Top 6 Reasons To Hire A Virtual Assistant For Your Business All in all, why recruit a virtual assistant? Here are the main five motivations to hire a virtual assistant:
1. More Affordable And Reduced Cost. Most entrepreneurs and business people recruit virtual assistants to decrease their overhead expenses. Here’s how it can help you save money.
2. Lower Salaries And Operating Costs Rather than hiring a full-time employee to do a small job, you can hire a virtual assistant to do it for you. As they ordinarily charge an hourly rate, you only have to pay them for work that is done. Moreover, as they're working distantly, you will not need to pay for overheads like their internet, computer, mobile phone or other office related costs.
3. Lower Training Costs Consider everything. When you hire a new employee, you'll need to contribute a lot of time and resources into preparing them for various parts of their job. As virtual assistants work on tasks that they already excel at, you will not need to stress over preparing them. They can start working straightaway!
4. Increase Efficiency By Outsourcing Non-Core Tasks Another advantage of hiring virtual assistants is that it allows businesses to zero in on their core skills.
Businesses and entrepreneurs manage a large number of non-core tasks such as:
Sending emails and newsletters
Scheduling and confirming meetings
Handling customer queries
Updating social channels
While these are fundamental tasks, they're not core tasks that should be finished by an in-house team. Burdening your in-house employees to do these assignments decreases the time they could be spending on things that should be done. By outsourcing your non-core tasks to a virtual assistant with the right skillset, you don't need to stress over dealing with these things in-house. This allows you to put your time and energy into assignments that should be finished by your in-office team.
5. Offer Global Customer/Client Support and Communications. Most businesses have clients and customers spread across the globe. Yet, when your business and staff are located in one zone, adapting to worldwide requirements and global timezones can be troublesome. For instance, if you're based in California, your working hours will be during the evening for your clients and customers in England! The best solution to manage this is if your California office works 24 hours per day! Fortunately, as virtual assistants are based remotely, you can recruit them across the globe to fill in the timezones.
6. Saves Time For Strategic Thinking As virtual assistants can manage your non-core duties, you have more opportunity to zero in on developing your business. Instead of burning through important time and doing everyday time consuming tasks, you can contribute it to setting goals and building performance for longterm success.
When Do You Need To Hire A Virtual Assistant? 1. When You Have Work That Doesn't Require A Full-Time Employee 2. When There Are Repetitive And Non-Core Tasks